Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Affirmations for Times of Grief



We all know the feeling of sadness and grief only too well, however even though many of us have experienced these feelings more than once before in our lives, doesn’t meant that it makes it any easier.

Greif can come in many forms, I am not just referring to the death of a loved one, but also the heartbreak at the end of a relationship, the loss of a friend, who has gone away to another country or who you have simply lost contact with.

Grief is a very strong emotion and it can take over our minds and hearts if we let it, allowing all those negative thoughts to come back in and threaten everything we have learned about positivity and life.

I know that if you are in the midst of a sad time and are grieving something or someone, this is the last thing you want to read about, but it is probably the most important thing you will learn at this time.

We all know that our thoughts will manifest, and this manifestation will be either positive or negative, depending on what your prominent thoughts are. It is hard to find positivity within when you are going through such a sad time, but trying to find positive things out of negative situations will help you to cope and get through this time in your life.

It is actually healing to replace a negative thought with a positive one, and a good way to do this is to use affirmations. This is easy because you already have your affirmation ready written for you to recite when you feel the negative thoughts creep in.


Here are some examples of affirmations you may want to use to help you through your journey of grief or sadness.

  • I am letting go of my sadness, but holding onto my love for (loved ones name)
  • I trust my higher power to guide me through this time, and I now take the first step
  • I choose love, I choose to heal
  • Acceptance is key to my happiness, I must accept what is
  • I am grateful for every day I am living
  • I am grateful for the times I spent with (loved ones name)
  • It’s ok to heal my grief today
  • I deserve to take some time for myself right now

You may choose to use some of the affirmations above or you may be inspired to write your own personal ones.

Whatever you choose to do, remember to use them regularly, and especially as soon as you feel negative thoughts creeping into your mind. We guarantee that these or any positive affirmations will help you to change the way you think and feel and get you on the road to future happiness.

Have you ever used affirmations in this way? Did it work for you?

Like what you see? Don’t forget to share this blog with everyone you know.

Repeat after me: “I’m financially free, dollars want me!”

Matthew E Alleyne


No comments:

Post a Comment