Thursday, June 4, 2015

Affirmations in times of stress



I wanted to share a personal story with you today, you see I am making a big house move soon, I will be moving to another very Spanish house in a very Spanish area with very few expats…. It should be both interesting and challenging, as I don’t actually speak Spanish, this is owing to both laziness and the fact that I have lived around British people for the last 5 years!

Needless to say I am feeling a little bit stressed and I get pangs of worry that occur without me even realizing it is going to happen. I have been suffering with headaches and have been pretty tired lately too. Now I am not the sort of person who feels stressed until it’s too late, so these headaches and tiredness are my indicators that I am doing too much and need to re-focus onto what’s important in my life.

As I have become a real fan of the affirmations in the Dollars Want Me EBook, I decided to use some affirmations to see if I could reduce the stress a little in the lead up to my house move. I had to do something as even the dog has taken to chewing her foot because of the stressful vibes I am giving off!!

I have been saying these every day for about a week now, to begin with I was setting times to say them, however over the last few days I have noticed that I am thinking them a lot without realizing it, this is what affirmations are all about!

They really do work, they are re-training my mind to stop stressing and its working, I have not had a headache for a week now and I am feeling much more positive and less scared and stressed. They have also helped me to focus on the preparations that need to be done before the move, as I am very good at leaving things until the last minute!

So here are some of the affirmations I have used to help me with my stress:
  • I am thankful for everything in my life
  • I release all tension form my mind and body
  • I am relaxed and free from stress
  • I am free of Stress

Do you struggle to deal with stressful situations? It doesn’t have to be moving house, it could be just about anything that is stressful in your life. These simple affirmations could just help you to deal with and get rid of the stress you feel at any time in your life!

So give these a try the next time you are feeling stressed, and see how you feel.

Like what you see? Don’t forget to share this blog with everyone you know.

Sue Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment